Monday, November 8, 2010

The big day is almost here!!!

So as I read back to the previous posts, I had come to realize that today November 8th is officially 7 months that I have quit smoking. I can't believe it has been that long already. Where did the time go?

Well I have my surgery date! December 6th I will be in surgery having the Lap Band done! I am so excited and anxious! Not sure how to even begin explaining my feelings about this, the things in needed to accomplish before this day came. I am down 17 lbs and feeling pretty good! I am no longer smoking and adding years to my life just from that. I know I will be successful with this surgery and I am not going to stop til I reach the rest of my goals!

I will tell you one thing; I was thinking about going through my summer clothes (I will not be the same size next year). For some reason I could not find it in me to throw them away yet. Why? I don't understand why I couldn't throw them away! I think I need to realize that I will not be the same size next year and just take the clothes, shove them into a bag, and throw them in the box for those in need. AAAhhhhhhhh.......how to get to that 1st step is the big question!

Well, I am going to head off for now...29 days til surgery!

mandy

1 comment:

  1. be gentle with yourself, hon. if you're not ready to throw out the clothes, don't worry about it. you will be ready in your own time. i'm so impressed at the way you are knocking down the pins one by one on the way to achieving your goals. awesome.

    ReplyDelete