Next test was a bit better not as invasive but an Upper GI is not that fun! Drinking that barium white chalky drink..Ewwww! They had me stand up, lay down, roll over, on your back, on your side...now do a complete 360, this helps coat the stomach. Well...I left the hospital in one piece but the first test gave me the biggest sinus headache you could ever imagine.
So with those tests done, they found that I have a small hiatal hernia and acid reflux disease. So the good news is they can take care of the hernia when I go in for surgery...just hopfully now with the acid reflux disease, they will still let me have the Lap-Band done and not encourage me to go for the bypass instead!
Well, with all said and done I had a rough but very accomplished columbus day weekend. Last Friday marked my 6 months, am I now considered a Non-Smoker??? I had to give up coffee because the caffine will slow down the healing process of surgery. So massive caffine withdrawls and horrible cravings for coffee...but I lived through it and feel great! Decaf is alright every once in a while!
Well the one thing I love at the moment is within myself~~~WILL POWER~I have it and gonna keep using it til I meet all my goals.
Till next time (hopefully I will have a surgery date soon)~
Mandy

my hat is off to you. cheering you on.
ReplyDelete