Monday, May 2, 2011

New Day

Good Morning! 

Hope everyone enjoyed the weekend!  It was beautiful here in Mass...

Saturday I went grocery shoppin with my mum!  I still can't drive, so she drove us to the stores and helped me lift the things I can't! Then when I came home my husband cooked on the grill!  I must say, I realized how much I missed Meat!!!  We had pork chops and chicken and steak!  Now mind you, I did not eat them all!  In fact I only had a few bites of pork chops and steak!  Oh How I missed Pork Chops and Steak! 

Sunday I took the kids outside and brought them for a very short walk up the street!  Just a few houses up.. since I don't have much energy to get a full work out yet!  The kids were happy to get outside and enjoy the weather and ride their bikes! 

So this morning I decided I would get on the scale!  I usually weigh in at Weight Watchers, but I am not going til next week!  I had to see what the scale said!  I was scared.. 

I don't know why.. I lost 6 lbs...!!!!!  Now I know I have been sick... but to weigh 181...yeah 181!!!!!

I was scared I gained.  My husband kept tellin me I lost!  I am skin and bones (except the belly region)!  Ha ha ha.. Maybe LOOSE SKIN AND BONES!!! LOL! 

I am started to feel a bit better!  Last night I made Tacos!  This was our Sunday dinner (forever)...but the past few months with me not feelin too great to eat.. I hadn't made them in a while!  Well, the kids were happy I did.. and So was I!!  I had 1 soft taco and boy oh boy it tasted so good!  My Hannah Banana kept asking if it was ok for me to eat it!  "Mom, can you eat that taco"?  "Mom, are you able to eat"???

Well, I am now able to eat!!!  I will now be really watching the Portion Sizes and Protein First!!  I will take everything I have learned with the LapBand.. and keep on movin!!!

This morning - 1 slice toast w/ p.butter and 1/2 banana!  Mmmmm... it was yummy!

Well my follow up with th Dr. is on Thursday!  Hoping he will remove the JP Drain and let me get back to work! I miss work! 

Take care,

Till next time!

~Mandy

3 comments:

  1. Mandy,

    It's awesome to know that you are feeling better and able to eat. The knowledge you gained with your lapband will make you a continued success.

    Congrats on the 6 lb loss. Keep going girl. You can do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your attitude Mandy. You are ready to face this head on. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a great positive outlook on things. This was a great post.

    ReplyDelete