Friday, May 6, 2011

Dr's Follow up & Shopping

Hello Everyone,

Hope everyone has enjoyed their week and looking forward to the weekend!

A few Updates...Today was my follow up with my surgeon, I am happy to say I will be going back to work on Monday! I can resume all activities (nothing to strenuous) Also, he finally took out my JP Drain. It was really painful! I could feel it coming from my stomach and dragging its way down through my insides!!! It freakin hurt!!! I must say I am so relieved this is all over with! No more visiting nurses, changing dressings, emptying my drain, and walking around with a hand grenade attached to my body! (That’s what the drain looks like)!
When I left the Dr's office and got into the truck I cried! I wasn’t crying because I was sad; I was crying because I was relieved! Tears of RELIEF! This was a great 5 months (with my band) I tried it out, lost almost 90 lbs and now IT IS OVER! My Body will get back to Normal! The band gave me the JUMP START I needed! I have not been 180 lbs since I was full term with my daughter Hannah back in 2000! 11 years ago I was 180! At that time I was not comfortable with my body. Today I am comfortable, I don’t even care if I lose the last 20 lbs.. As long as I can MAINTAIN the 180 I will be happy!
I went shopping the other day! I have been on the search for jeans…I am sooo picky about jeans! I went to JC Penny’s, Sears, Old Navy, Fashion Bug, and back to JC Penny’s! I found 2 pairs of jeans…size 14!!!  I first tried on the 16’s and they were a big baggy and saggy in some areas. I did
n’t want to buy them cause I didn’t feel comfortable in them. I tried the 14 and the fit PERFECTLY! I can’t believe size 14 fits! I was glowing! My mom was so happy and said “Look at you, did u ever think you would be wearing a 14 again”? AMAZING!
Saturday we are going for lunch all the Mothers’ in my family! My Nana, My Aunts and Me! We usually do breakfast! Breakfast is not my best meal, so we will do Lunch!
Well Happy Mother’s Day to all you BEAUTIFUL MOTHERS! Enjoy your day!
~Mandy

I want to change my title (life after LapBand Removal)... any suggestions?????




2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear your recovering well!

    Mandy's Journey is great. I would only change the mini-description underneath.

    I am almost 9 months out from surgery and was diagnosed w/ a slip a week ago. I go in for a follow up fluoro in 2 wks. I'm leaning towards removal rather than repair at this time.

    Best of luck to you on your post removal journey! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you and your first day back to work. Hope things are going well. Congratulations on your shopping trip--so much fun, isn't it? Keep up the great work. :-)

    ReplyDelete