Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I did it!

Monday 12/6/10 was the big day I had been waiting for. I got up early, mainly because I just couldn't sleep no longer. Was getting everything ready so I wouldn't have to worry about a thing when I got home. So I received a phone call from the surgical unit they wanted me there for 11am instead of 12pm, my dr was running ahead of schedule. So I hurry up to shower with the special sponges they give you and get a small bag ready just incase I need to stay the night. My mom and husband were ready to go. I arrived at 10:45am and waited and waited and waited; why was I there early if they had no room for me? When we walked into the waiting area it looked as if we were in a nursing home all the old people there waiting for someone or maybe waiting for surgery.
They brought me into a room about 11:45am and they said to prep me ASAP cause the dr was ready for me. So they bring me upstairs so I can see the dr and anesthesia and everyone else that will be helping out! Finally at 1pm they did the procedure and all I remember is the dr talking about the cook book he was buying his wife for Christmas. (Great subject when I had not eaten in 2 days).
I woke up in recovery about 3pm and was in a great deal of pain! Morphine, Morphine, Morphine, helped but not for long. They brought me back downstairs and it took about 45 mins for anyone to check on me and let me see my family waiting for me. I had so much nausea and gas and just was not feeling like myself...difficulty breathing, trying to take that deep breath.
Well finally they let me go home 7pm...Horray!
So I am home not doing as well as I thought. Having a hard time with the fluids and not able to drink the carnations and milk. Dr's office told me to keep on clear liquids for a few days until the nausea and gas fade. No longer can I take the Vicodin that was prescribed, but I need to take childrens liquid tylenol. So I will be home for 3 weeks and I will keep you posted on this wonderful journey I have started!

Til next time,

Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment