Sunday, February 23, 2014

A bit of Everything

Hello,

Hope everyone is well!  I thought I would make a post about the past few weeks and how my journey is going.

I started a job at Seven Hills, started orientation on 2/14 and then began in the program on 2/20.  I am excited to start this job, and see where it takes me.  I will be a Senior Service Coordinator, supervising 6 staff and overseeing 25 program participants.  For those of you who don't know; I work for adults with Developmental/Intellectual Disabilities.
It was hard going back to work after being out for almost 5 weeks.  I only worked 2 days at the program and was completely exhausted.  I thought to myself "thank God I am only here for 2 days my first week".  The other days was basic orientation and learning about the company.

I did come down the flu the week I started my new job, however I went that Friday and was home for 3 days due to the holiday; so that gave me time to rest up.  My pouch did not like having the flu... I was so shaky, weak, dizzy, and just thought it was never going to end.  I called the Dr. and they told me I HAD to eat, anything.  I hadn't eaten in 3 days because I would just run to the bathroom.  No vomiting (thank goodness for that), but the other is just as bad.

I have found that my pouch does not like to eat in the morning.  My body can not handle solids in the a.m. I usually just have a carnation instant breakfast with half milk and half water.  I will be happy to see my nutritionist on Friday this week.  I will be able to start introducing all food groups to my diet.  That I will be thankful for! 

Well, not much else to say......

Till next time,

~Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment