More questions and advice~
I am still new to this band thing... its been 3 months now! I hear all the talk about PBing and Sliming! What exactly is that... so maybe I can figure out if I have actually experienced it. Sorry, I am full of questions and advice lately.
Thanks,
~Mandy

All I can say is that you will definately know if you experience the sliming! It is horrible :(
ReplyDeletea PB is a productive burp. not quite a vomit, pre band when you could burp up food. its like that but usually painful from what I hear. I know it is for me. Sliming usually happens pre PB. its a thick saliva. I think your mouth produces it to help you try to get the food through your band instead of PBing.
ReplyDeletehope this helps
You will know this when it happens...and it will happen, lol. I think of PBing like a snake trying to eat a mouse and the mouse tries to crawl back out lol. Not exactly throwing up, kind of the opposite of swallowing, lol. And sliming, I have never seen thicker saliva, it's nearly alien. Hard to describe, but you will know it when you see it.
ReplyDeleteGood lord don't aspire to have one! Sliming is what your body produces when it is trying to slide the food that is stuck down..at least that is what I think. I don't always slime when I PB..PBing is painful to me. But it doesn't have the acid like vomiting. I pb when I have eaten to fast. Or taken to big of a bit and swallowed without thinking! I'd say 90% of the time if I pb it is because I am not careful..and that happens to much for my liking. The other 10% happens randomly. Like first think in the morning or like tonight. For no reason food is not my friend.
ReplyDeleteIf you have to ask... You haven't had either happen yet. Usually they happen after you get some restriction with your band, 2 or more fills in. Sliming is gross, like mucus saliva. Nasty! As for Pbing... It is like a Cat coughing up a furball... except it is a mucus covered foodball instead...LOL. I have more pain from being stuck, which causes both but the PBing and Sliming are part of sweet relief, but highly embarrassing as I ran to the Perkins Bathroom with my shirt drenched in slime. When you are stuck bad enough, You will pray for a PB to get the food down or up... preferasbly down.
ReplyDeleteLOL. I'm laughing because the responses are so true. If you don't know, you haven't had either. They're right on about what they are but I wanted to add that for some people, it's just like vomiting, just without the stomach acid. Mine feels like throwing up...I even feel a little nauseous right before I PB and if it's really bad, I wretch. No stomach acid comes up though. Put this experience off as long as possible.
ReplyDeleteI've never had it happen either haha. Thankfully.
ReplyDelete