I need help!
This post will be short since I am at work...but didn't want to let this get away from me.
The past few days my band has had a mind of its own! It has been much tighter than usual. I haven't had a fill since almost 6 weeks ago, my appointment is next week actually for my next fill. I am having a hard time getting things down the past few days. Now the only thing I can think of is I am just finishing up my period. Can the band be tempermental at this time? It really sucks! I have been trying to eat solids but it's like my band is working double time to break down the food or process it or whatever it is doing!
Any suggestions...I only have 2 cc's in my 11 cc band. I was like this with the first fill back in Jan. I noticed it was really tight (around period time)..and then I had them take out the fluid. I am wondering if this is going to be an every month thing or what.
Does anyone else get like this?
Thank you in advance~
~Mandy

Yes, that's very common. I was like that initially and somewhere around four or five months after surgery it changed to being tight around ovulation and very loose around (.). Hormones definitely impact what's going on, though, so you will find variation through the month no matter what you do.
ReplyDeleteOnce I knew what to expect I was able to start to adapt my eating to the variations - a little more mushie around the tighter times - and I was fine.
Stress and my period go hand in hand with tightness.
ReplyDeleteIt is very common to have increased tightness during TOM. Rather than having an un-fill you should be able to manage it by sticking to liquids and mushies and avoiding solids. If you PB keep in mind this can contribute to swelling and tightness and consider doing all liquids for 24 hours. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry, but I haven't experienced the point of being too tight yet, so can't offer any great advice. I don't even get tighter around TOM like so many others do.
ReplyDeleteTOM can certainly affect it and so can stress. You're normal!
ReplyDeleteI do get tighter each month with my period. I usually just stick to mushies/liquids if needed. Once you're aware of it and used to it's OK (unless you can't get stuff down).
ReplyDeleteI feel like when I have my period I can feel my band more, like physically.. but it doesn't really seem to really change my eating habits.
ReplyDelete