Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Finding the bright side

I don't even know where to begin with this posts..so please bear with me and just let me expres my emotions!!!

I have been working for the same company now for just about 5 years! A major accomplishment on my part, since I am usually gone in the matter of months! Since I have been here there is one girl (Denise) who has been my biggest support system, my best friend, my shoulder to cry on, my girl to bitch to...! Denise became a Case Manager just a few months before me and when I was hired as Case Manager we grew together! We work awesome together and have grown an amazing friendship! We have been through so much together as co-workers and as friends! We have had our ups and downs, side to sides, arguments, disagreements; but always met each other in the middle!

Denise called me yesterday while I was at work-she took the day off! Our converstation consisted of:
Denise: Hey is Laura in today?
(Laura is our boss)
Me: Yeah she is here, I am not sure exactly where in the building, but she is around somewhere! Why whats up?
Denise: Well, I will tell you first! I am putting in my notice. I am run down and tired...I am not happy there anymore!
Me: OMG are you serious!? Did you already find another job? Where are you going? Why are you leaving me? I can't believe you! Why now?

Please understand I am not trying to be selfish, its just I have never in my life worked so good with someone! We were a TEAM! We work so hard, together! We now our job inside and out, we pretty much run the place! We do everything together!

So I talked to my boss today and asked her to please NOT hire anyone! Let me do the job on my own! Or if she HAS to hire someone, please let me sit in, get a feel of them! I have social anxiety and have a hard time with new people and new changes! My anxiety is extremely high right now! I don't know what to do with myself!

I am so happy for Denise, she is going back to hair dressing! It's her passion, she is great at it, and I wish her the best of luck. I just need to see the bright side of things!

Maybe a raise? Thats the only bright side!!!

~Mandy

9 comments:

  1. I think you handled the situation well by speaking directly with your boss and let her know the situation in relations to how a new person would impact your ability to do your job, if it were an ill fit. Is she aware of your social anxiety? If not, and you feel comforatable talking with her about it, be sure to do so, in case things do not work out with a potential coworker. In this economy, if an employer thinks you could do the job of two and not be overwhelmed, I'm sure they would jump at the chance to not have the expense of filling another position, but I would try and negotiate a raise to compensate you. Good luck to you and let us know how it goes for you and your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with everything Stephanie has said. I totally know how you feel and hope things work out for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it all works out for the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a hard situation for you. I agree with the others. You handled yourself so well. Keep us up on what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There may be a greater reason in the long run for this to happen. It might prove to yourself how competent you are and help with the anxiety or perhaps show you that you dont need someone else to feel complete. I think you handled yourself well and I also think your employer would jump at the chance to save the company money by not hiring another person and just giving you more. We need more workers out there like you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You handled the situation quite well... Keep us posted..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope it turns out okay, I'm glad for your friend, but I'm sorry you're put in this position. *hugs!*

    ReplyDelete
  8. (((HUGS))) I wish you the best. Change is HARD. I know, hang in there. I was in a similar situation and was the one leaving it was just as hard for me but so exciting to follow my heart and dreams. And who knows maybe they will let you weigh in on the replacement if there has to be one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is going to be hard to handle when she leaves. I hope your boss takes your advice and lets you sit in on the interviews. Best of luck to your friend and to you.

    ReplyDelete