I am a very picky eater and usually have the same menu every week.
HERE IT IS!!!
Sun-Taco night
Mon-Pasta
Tues-Pork chops or Chicken w/ starch and veggie
Wed-(for the kids & hubby-Chicken patties and Tater tots) Tuna or egg salad for me...
Thurs-anything with Hamburg (meatloaf or manwiches)
Friday-(for kids & hubby Fast Food Friday), me Whatever is quick and easy (but not junk).
Saturday-whatever is there...LOL I never cook on Saturday!
I do switch it up time to time...but my kids love routine and know that every Sun night is Taco Night! Plus my step-daughter Natasha is with us and my mom will come up for Taco Night! My kids tell me all the time "Mummy your tacos are the best". It never fails, every Sun night, I hear them tell me that! Even when I have burnt the shells...LOL.
Ok back to subject...
At my Weight Watcher's meeting Saturday morning we talked about Substituions. Swaping things for something healthier. I am signed up for Hungry Girls morning emails and read them all the time. Even her new show!!!! I love it!!
Well, I am a picky picky eater and tonight I made spagetti squash as a replacement for pasta. You know what, it really wasn't all that bad! I really enjoyed it with my red sauce. I was super proud of myself for trying something new!
OH I have great news!!!! We found the COOKIE FORM! What a relief!!! I was so devastated and now I am so relieved! I tell you one thing, I will NOT be cookie mom EVER EVER EVER AGAIN! LOL! Seriously!
Another thing!!! I was extremely active today! At work and home! I was on bathroom duty at work. (Toileting and changing everyone)! Then did my sit ups, cooked dinner, and finally just sat down! Its been such a long, busy day!
Speaking of work, in the midst of me shopping and being super excited about my 50 lb weight loss, I lost another friend of mine! Another Angel to watch over me, I know she is so much better off! What kind of life is it to lay in a wheelchair all day long, can't speak or move! (For those who don't know, I work as a Case Manager for adults with developmental disabilities)! RIP Beanie, I will miss u!
So, I went searching everywhere for boots! Guess what.....NO BOOTS! I couldn't find anything I liked! Nothing "JUMPED" out at me! So, I suppose I will wait until I find the perfect pair!
Have I told you guys I am addicted to blogging! Seriously, I check it daily to see comments and check to see whats new with everyone! I might not comment for everyone but I do read them! "Hi, my name is Mandy and I am addicted to BLOGGING"!
ALrighty, well I guess I will head off to bed! Get my rest so I am ready to SHOVEL MORE FREAKIN SNOW!!!
Good night!
~Mandy

Your energy really comes through in your blogs! I love it! I also knew you would find your cookie sheet. my old boss was cookie mom, so through her experiences I knew I would never be one!
ReplyDeleteHey, thanks for following my blog. I am so excited for you and the journey ahead! Sounds like you are doing good so far! :)
ReplyDeleteI am glad to hear that you found your cookie sheet! And that you've changed up your pasta with squash - not sure if I could go that far, not a squash eater (long story).. But I'm proud of you for trying it!!
ReplyDeleteI am sorry to hear about your friend..
Hey babe, I hope you like what I did to your blog. Text me and I will talk to you about it more. I liked the squash but I don't think I will be buying any. :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your 50lb weight loss! And you are so disciplined with your meal planning. I try to list multiple meals for the week, then we choose based on what we feel like or how much time we have. And my sister is a cookie mom and I'll learn from you both and never do it! LOL
ReplyDeletei don't know if I am brave enough to try the spaghetti Squash! Great news about the form!
ReplyDeleteGreat job on everything, the 50 lbs loss, finding the form, being super active yesterday! You're rocking the band. :) And I, too, am addicted to blogging so you're in good company! :D
ReplyDeletewow busy day! so glad you found the cookie form. I love hungry girl! I have been wanting to try the spagetti squash now I really have to. :)
ReplyDeleteBlogger has become my not so guilty pleasure you could say :)
Hi Mandy (not Amanda :), I eat the same things too. I don't have a certain night schedule, but I always have greek yogurt for breakfast on weekdays and I always eat certain things on other days. Sunday after church we always have eggs and potatoes and my kids count on that meal. I think it actually has helped me to lose weight pretty consistantly since my caloric intake stays the same from week to week. Do you find that to be true too?
ReplyDelete