Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year!!!

I have been addicted to the blog feed on my phone. I follow some great blogs and they all have had something to say about the New Year; they have been so different, they are hopeful, sad, excited, and skeptical. Someone announced her pregnancy, another woman mourned on the last day the last year her son had lived. One woman relished in the comfy consistency of her life, while another one celebrated enormous, life altering changes. And so I have been thinking of how my year has progressed.

Each year since 2007, I have set a goal for the year. I don't always start my goal on the first of January but once I get going on it, I accomplish it. I have an aversion to Resolutions, people always go into it with great aspirations and end up disappointing themselves and others. So, I don't do it. I also try not to tell everyone what my goals are until I am in the midst of accomplishing them.  I take that back, if it required money, sometimes I will tell M.

In 2007, I quit smoking. I didn't set this as a goal, I had always said I would quit when I was ready. Well, at 10:50 pm July 3, 2007 M. and I smoked our last cigarettes. In 2008, I lost 30 lbs. (which I have since gained back) and I quit drinking soda (I need to do that again). In 2009, I read 125 books, the goal was 100. Because of that goal, I also was the owner of a semi-successful book blog with over 500 followers. 

In 2010, somethings that I am proud of but were not necessarily goals are, I have fallen in love with my husband, again. We had, had a difficult few years and the negativity of our life was tearing me apart. But in the past few months I have grown to appreciate and cherish what makes him, him. Also, I have become closer with my father and step mother. This was a goal. I was feeling disconnected with my family and being an only child I needed to rebuild my relationships with them. I, now, go there every Saturday morning and spend a few hours with them. I also started a garden which was a goal. I have always admired people who could keep a plants alive and I wanted to be able to do it myself. I was so proud of that little garden and so happy puttering around the yard with my hands in the dirt.

In 2011, I hope to accomplish a few things.
 1. I would like to lose that 30lbs again (but who wouldn't).
2. I want to learn how to run properly and I want to do it often. So, that I can run in the Turkey Trot this Thanksgiving. 
3. I want to teach Charlie proper potty training so he will pee and poop outside. Silly dog is gun shy and wont poop while your looking.
4. I want to learn to take pretty pictures with my phone.
So that I can 5. blog about my goals and crafty accomplishments in style.

Later Alligator, 

4 comments:

  1. Trina I we can do this together! Even though I had surgery! We can lose weight together! Put your mind to it! WE CAN DO IT!

    Charlie is sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Katrina! Thank you for your kind comment at www.tangledhappy.blogspot.com. I am always happy to have new visitors and I'm having fun sharing all those great patterns! I think you have some great goals lined up for 2011. And it sounds like you are one who follows through. What great things you did in 2010. I have no doubt you will succeed. Wishing you all the best in 2011. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katrina - I had to laugh when I read #3 on your list. My dog won't poop while anyone is looking either! Nice to know he isn't the only strange one!

    ReplyDelete