Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Follow ups


Monday and Tuesday were my days for following up with the Dr. and the Nutritionist!

Monday: Dr's Nurse- everything looks great! Can return to work on Monday the 27th with no lifting until Jan 10th. Nurse discussed the adjustments (fills) that I will be having (only as needed). I have good restriction right now so its not needed. Restriction in this sense that I feel full quick and can eat very little and being satisfied! So I follow up on the 13th of Jan to see how my restriction is then!
Tuesday: Nutritionist-horray for me, I made it! I can now eat solid food! This does mean proteins only for another 2 weeks but last night I had a very small cheeseburger that I made at home (no bun) cut up small and took about 20 mins to eat it. Couldn't eat all of it! Couldn't eat 1/2 of it! But I could eat it! Must take time to eat and can't drink for 15-30 mins after you eat. This will cause everything to slide right through and digest faster. Making me hungry again shortly! As for breakfast this morning, cream of wheat and lunch tuna w/ light mayo! And the nutritionist even gave me a recipe for a Lazy Lasagna! Just no Pasta! I love it!!!
So needless to say I am on the right track, doing what I need to do! I am feeling great! Can not wait to get back to work next week and back into routine! Right now I am going to enjoy the holidays (oh for Christmas dinner, I can have turkey with a bit of squash and mashed potatos)! I am so excited!!!! Well, as I was saying, I am going to enjoy the holidays and relax before getting back to the busy lifestyle before surgery!
My weigh in this week will be Friday, since WW is closed on Christmas!
Happy Holidays!
~Mandy

1 comment:

  1. I did somewhat of a lazy lasagna last night, did some ground beef, tomato sauce and fresh mozzarella it was good! I didn't miss the noodles. Next time I'd probably do ground turkey, or leaner beef, I didn't notice how many calories are in ground beef! Figure tonight I'll try a taco with the rest of the beef.

    Do you have a fill yet?

    ReplyDelete